OFFICE STAFF MANUAL
Purpose of Handbook
The aim of the Intramural Office Staff handbook is to acquaint you with the policies, procedures and regulations of the IM program as they pertain to your duties and responsibilities as an office worker. It is meant to serve as a guide to some of the information you need to know to work for my area of the department. You have been selected for this position because of your knowledge, interest and ability to perform the duties as required. As an office worker, you will be responsible for aiding the Intramural Director with a wide variety of functions. You are responsible for all the information in this handbook.
Name Position Phone E-Mail
Tyrone Fuertes Intramural Director 768-5053 Fuertes
Ted Stavropoulos Associate Athletic Director 768-4650 tstavropo
The Intramural Office is located on the first floor of the Sports center, Rm C-102.
Intramural Office 768-5053
Equipment Room 768-3915
Public Safety 768-7777
Campus Information 768-4100
Responsibilities of the Job
· Assist the Intramural Director with office tasks, copying, phone computer input, registration
Customer service, etc.
· Office staff need to be knowledgeable about the sports/events that are taken place, registration
Dates, game schedules, cancellations.
· Greeting: “Intramural Office, ________ speaking, how can I help you?”
· Always be polite and give as much info as possible, tell them about other sports, how they can sign up, the web site, how to be a free agent
· IM copier –makes only a few copies at a time. (IT IS VERY OLD)
· Athletic Copier – large amounts of copies, how to make double side, etc.
· The computer on the student desk is for your use; my computer is off limits unless given permission to work on a certain project.
· Internet and e-mail can be accessed from the student computer but this is not to be abused
· Making flyers and other misc. work.
Duration of Employment
Although many of us would like to think otherwise, no job can be considered permanent. The department works on a supply and demand basis. As a season comes to an end the number of individuals working in that particular sport may be reduced. Employment is seasonal. The department will make efforts to retain its quality employees.
It is essential that each employee accept responsibility for the success of the program. If a student employee is found to be negligent in their duties, certain disciplinary actions will be taken according to the nature of the offense. Student employees may be placed on probation, suspension or be terminated for any of, but not limited to, the following:
Paychecks are issued biweekly on Fridays. Paychecks can be picked on Friday at the Sports Center Membership Office between the hours of -5pm. Employees must initial for receipt of the check. Pay periods are on a two-week interval. Therefore students receive checks for time worked during the previous two weeks.
Office workers will be evaluated each semester by the supervisor and IM Director. This evaluation will help to serve as a guide to future assignments. It is also intended to give you feedback on your performance. It is not intended to be a negative report; instead it will help you to become a better official through instruction. Evaluations may be unannounced and random.
Office workers starting pay is $7.10/hr depending on the sport and the amount of experience.
Increase in pay is not automatic. Employees who feel deserving of a raise must make a formal request in writing to the IM Director. In order to be considered for a raise, employees must meet the following conditions:
1. Must be employed a minimum of 12 pay periods.
2. Demonstrate reliability and punctuality
3. Practice above average customer service.
4. Demonstrate an ability to work independently
An employee will be notified with a decision within 7-10 days. The amount of pay increase will be decided by the professional staff, and may range from $0.25-0.50.
An employee awards banquet will be held annually to recognize outstanding performance and achievements. Other awards may be presented at other times throughout the school year.